Pages

If you want to be happy, be. - Leo Tolstoy

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Unofficially in Love: Nathan Adrian

We've all got our celebrity crushes. This is nothing new. And since the Olympics have come and gone, I'm sure we've all got our Olympian crushes as well. Tom Daley, anyone? I must admit, he's really really cute. And has fantastic teeth for a Brit, so kudos for that. Michael Phelps? Hello, Mr. Record Setting Swimmer Man, who also happens to be really attractive. Funny how that happens. And of course we can't forget Ryan Lochte. But I gotta say, I'm not all that wowed by him. I just don't get it. I guess he's cute, but really? Not cute enough for the hysteria that's been plaguing Pinterest.

These guys are all super cute (with the exception of Lochte), but my own Olympic crush leaves them far behind. Say hello to Nathan Adrian.

Adorable, right?
Is he not cute? Good grief. Look at that smile! And his hair. I really really like his hair. Also, he swims. That's cool. However, I think I like him most because he looks real. Like, human. I realize this makes about zero sense, because yes, he is in fact human. But think about it - Michael Phelps just isn't human. He's like some sort of crazy alien-human hybrid that swims like a maniac. And Lochte just seems so cocky. Ugh. Like he really thinks he's all that and a big bag of chips (haven't heard that in a while, have ya?). So not into that. And Tom Daley? Let's be real about this - he could possibly be gay. But Nathan Adrian. Just look at that picture again. He's so dang cute, and he just looks genuine and human. And I really like that he's just cute. I mean, looking at that picture, I think cute. Not hot, but cute. I like that. I don't know if that explanation did anything to help, but whatever. I tried.

Okay, watch this. If you haven't already. Or watch it again! That's cool too! In case you were wondering, Nathan Adrian shows up right around 1:47. Give or take a few milliseconds. Ish. He's such a goob! It's really quite endearing.

And if you happen to want to know a little more about him, check out these sites. (You really should check out these sites, because they explain his greatness much better than I do.)
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/08/nathan-adrian-olympic-crush-america-needs/55337/ (Really, read this one. It talks about way more than his overall cuteness factor - it talks about his equally lovable personality. You really should read it. I am serious. READ IT.)
Read that, and tell me he isn't adorable. You will be converted to Team Nathan Adrian, I guarantee it.

A comparison of Nathan Adrian and Finnick Odair. What's not to love?

I am un[OFFICIALLY] in love with Nathan Adrian.

How about that smile?
And I am not hating the six pack either.
And good news! He'll be competing the the Rio games, so we can plan on seeing him in four years! Woot woot!

PS- While we're on the subject of the Olympics (kind of), let's all agree that those closing ceremonies were bizarre. There's just no other word for it. Bizarre. I didn't see the opening ceremonies because I was busy having fun in Bear Lake, but I had no excuse for tonight. So I watched them. And they were SUPER weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment