Pages

If you want to be happy, be. - Leo Tolstoy

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Unofficially in Love: Tom Hiddleston

The other day, I was reading a book about the Revolutionary War era. The main character fell in love with and married a guy who was twelve years older than her. As I was reading, I thought, Dang. Twelve years? That's just too big a gap. I could buy eight years, maybe even ten. But twelve? No way, Jose. The next day, after ogling Tom Hiddleston for a while (uh, perhaps an hourish ... but who's counting, right?) on Pinterest, I decided perhaps twelve years is acceptable. Very acceptable. Of course, it's merely coincidental that Tom Hiddleston and I are twelve years apart in age. Funny how that happens, isn't it?

Twelve years? That's nothin'.
I know he isn't classically handsome. If you want classically handsome, take a look at Orlando Bloom (who I am a fan of as well, in case you were wondering). But he's still got this something about him that works. Look at those eyes. They're as blue as the day is long. And he has a fabulous smile. Not in the picture above, obviously. That's the smolder look. Which I quite like. He does it extraordinarily well.

There's the smile! Radiant, isn't it?
He is, without a doubt, the most beloved villain of all fandom. I'm pretty sure he has more fangirls than Iron Man or Captain America or Thor. Because Loki is lovable. He's bad, but mostly because he's misunderstood! He needs love! But no. Poor baby. No one loves him (except all the crazy fangirls, of course). I think the reason he has so many fans is because we've seen him change from being a good person (in the beginning of Thor) to a super villain (in Avengers). We watched as he changed, and saw why he did it. And really, can you blame him? The poor kid finds out he's adopted, his family doesn't love him (or at least always see him as second to Thor), he's treated like scum - it all comes together to make quite a bitter, lonely boy. We feel bad for him! That's why we love him. Also, he's super attractive. But whatever. It's cool.

Hello Loki! Look at him. Just look! Even when he's evil, he's beautiful!

Also, I love him in War Horse. That is an excellent movie. And he is an excellent person. So that's nice.

I am un[OFFICIALLY] in love with Tom Hiddleston.

1 comment: