Pages

If you want to be happy, be. - Leo Tolstoy

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Unofficial Missionary: Jadę do Polski!

Today has been the most fabulous day ever. Really honestly. But let's begin at the beginning, shall we?

Fabulous Thing #1
I finished all my finals and crap! The semester is officially over, I basically rocked, and I am getting my Associate's Degree. Boom.

Fabulous Thing #2
They're making a Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2! It will be called Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers, and Neil Patrick Harris is being added to the cast! But even more fun - John Francis Daley (The Love Of My Young Life) is co-writing the script. It's coming out September 27 of next year, and will FOR SURE be the first movie I watch when I get home from my mish ... Or maybe, like, in the top fifty.

Fabulous Thing #3
MY MISSION CALL CAME! It came! At last! But again, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's start from the start.

Last night was absolute agony. It was like Christmas Eve on crack. I couldn't get a wink of sleep. I just lay there, thinking, and thinking, and thinking. My mind would not shut off. Misery. And then morning came at last (yay!), and I went to school (boo!), and I came home to open my mission call! The plan was to open it at 12:12 (a very auspicious minute - 12/12/12, 12:12). But alas, instead of coming at the usual time (11:30), the mailman decided not to come until, like, 12:40. I tell you, that was, like, the most miserable half hour of my life. I mean, really. There was some serious anxiety going on at this house. James and Emily watched for the mail from the door, my Dad and Abby even chased down a mail truck to see if they had it (they didn't - it was the wrong truck). We were all of us quite anxious. And then, at long last, it came! 

We gathered in the family room, attempted to FaceTime Annlie (except that ended up being a fail, because it cut out right before I announced where I was going), and opened the call. My heart was pounding about a million beats a minute. I accidentally saw the word "Warsaw", but didn't have time to focus on it because I was already reading out loud to my family from the beginning. "Dear Sister Young: You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Poland Warsaw Mission." At this point, the flood gates really opened. I had convinced myself I would be serving state-side. I did NOT see this coming. I was crying, and laughing, and hugging, and there was lots of freaking out. 

I'm going to learn Polish! Polish! I'm so excited! I leave February 27th. That feels like it's crazy soon, but I'm so excited! And, of course, I'm scared to death. I'll be halfway around the world, speaking a language I don't know! But it's all going to be okay, because it's right. I know it's right.






Poland is so pretty! I'm super excited to go!

I'm an un[OFFICIAL] missionary, and Jadę do Polski!

For those of you aren't savvy with the Polish, that means "I'm going to Poland!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment