Pages

If you want to be happy, be. - Leo Tolstoy

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Unofficially In Love: Eddie Redmayne

I'm in love quite a lot, as it turns out. Which is fine, I guess. I mean, I'm never even going to meet any of these people in real life. Why not be in love with them all? I really don't see any reason for me to pick just one.

And so, today it is Eddie Redmayne. The lucky winner. 

Well, hello, Best Picture Ever Taken!

How I love that man. If any of you have seen Les Miserables (which you all for sure should have seen - those of you who haven't ... I just don't even know what to say to you. Go see it. Like, now. If there is a theater near you, and it's not unreasonably late, go and see it), you know what I'm talking about. He is just amazing. Just amazing. 

I saw him first in Tess of the d'Urbervilles. And fell promptly in love with him. And then forgot him just as quickly in favor of some other beautiful boy. However, the story has a happy ending, because now I love him again! I think what drew me to him in Tess, besides being the obvious love interest of the story, was the innocence about him. Which is perfect for the character of Angel Clare. He isn't supposed to be some ridiculously gorgeous, hunky guy (yes, hunky, people still say it). That's much more Alec d'Urberville's line of work. Because there's supposed to be this stark contrast, you see, of Angel and Alec. Where Alec is worldliness, Angel is innocence. And Eddie Redmayne is perfect for that part.

Look at the massive amounts of cuteness going on right here!

He plays a similar role in Les Mis. Marius isn't the raving revolutionary (even though he looks a teeny bit like that in the movie) like Enjolras. Enjolras has a really enigmatic and noble personality - he's a leader. Which is why he leads the rebellion. Obviously. But Marius is swept up by the rebellion partly for the memory of his father, and partly because his friends happen to be revolutionaries. He really is just a boy in love. Which, again, Eddie Redmayne is perfect for! Isn't that just the best? 

Good. So much good is happening in this picture.

Oh, and that voice! Speaking and singing, no less! When he sings Empty Chairs At Empty Tables - good grief! Not only is the singing incredible (like, seriously incredible), the acting is just magnificent! You can see the emotion. It practically gets up and bites you, right on the face. I was so impressed. When I heard he was cast, I was thrilled, but I didn't know if he could really sing. Turns out he totally can. I am pleased.

And while we're talking Les Mis - IT WAS THE BEST MOVIE EVER! Yes. It was. Also, Eddie Redmayne is the best boy ever (perhaps I'm exaggerating ... but whatever. Who cares?).

I am un[OFFICIALLY] in love with Eddie Redmayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment