Pages

If you want to be happy, be. - Leo Tolstoy

Friday, June 1, 2012

Unofficial Photographer

You know what the best feeling in the world is? Getting a package from UPS or FedEx. You hear the doorbell ring, you expect to see someone asking to borrow a cup of sugar or drop off an invitation to a ward activity, but no! Sitting on your doorstep, underneath the welcome rug (not sure what the point of that is, because its not like it's hiding anything) sits a magical brown box that contains the secrets of the universe. Or a movie ordered off Amazon. Either or. I enjoyed this happy experience last week. Unfortunatly, said box was addressed to one Margaret Young, so I did not have the pleasure of opening it. Until she got home. And then, what wondrous joy filled my heart! Inside the box, nestled on a soft bed of packing peanuts and bubble wrap, lay another box. And inside that box, lay my camera. Yes! My camera! And here she is:

"She?" you ask. Yes. Her name is Charlotte.
So, naturally, I am now a photographer. Unofficially. Does having a sweet camera make you a photographer? No. Am I going to pretend it does? Yes. And may I just say, I am seriously loving this camera. So maybe it's a little biggish. It makes me feel cooler. Like I'm sort of photographer extraordinaire who is above those tiny little cameras that very conveniently fit inside a large pocket (Charlotte, she's not going to be fitting in any pockets). Big camera = Big photography skills. Or something like that anyways. I always intended to take those photography classes in high school, but it never happened. So I know zilch about actual photography. But it's all good! I can pretend with the best of them.

If you start to see lots of pictures popping up on the blog posts, you will know why. (A Hint: It's because I have an awesome new camera and I need an exucse to use it) And if perchance you don't see any increase in featuring photos in my posts, you will also know why. (Another Hint: It's because I am lazy, and that would mean taking my camera with me places, using the camera, uploading those pictures, and putting them on the blog. Lots of work.)
But guess what? I am an un[OFFICIAL] photographer. It's all good.

PS - I just really like the way it takes pictures. I haven't used it a whole ton yet, but I really like it. And I'm not claiming to be a photography genius or anything, but take a look at these babies:






3 comments:

  1. what about all of the pictures we took at the school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I totally attempted to put on all the ones from the school. And waited for almost 80 years while they were uploading or downloading ... some sort of loading was going on. But alas, it took too long, and my patience wore thin. So we have these ones. I may have to add the one of you hanging from the tree limb though ... that was by far my favorite.

      Delete
  2. just as long as you say it was me, because I want the credit for that amazing failure of hanging from the tree, since it really didn't go so well.

    ReplyDelete