Pages

If you want to be happy, be. - Leo Tolstoy

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Unofficial Stupid Face

Yesterday I went to Lagoon with Bree, Megan, and Sarah. It was a blast. We had SO much fun! Because who doesn't love Lagoon? Everyone loves Lagoon (Especially little tweeny boppers. There were about a million of them, wandering the park. And I kept thinking, "Are you lost, little children? Where are your parents? Oh, right. You are here without parents. What were they thinking, turning you loose on the world?!" And I know I used to be one of those little tweeny boppers. But they seem so much younger now). But the moral of the story is, we had fun. Except, I did a couple things that were maybe not the smartest.

Stupid Face #1
I don't know why, but I'm under this impression that I can go out for extended periods of time in the sun without the repercussions of a beastly sunburn. Or at the very least, only a little burn that will darken into a nice, sunkissed tan. This is all a lie. I'm a burner. A big-time burner. And if said burn darkens, it's not enough to make a difference, and it isn't worth the pain. Yesterday, I made the mistake of falling into this age-old trap of the sun. So my shoulders and back are paying for it dearly. I also made the mistake of wearing a cap sleeve shirt with a halter tank top over it, so not only do I have a very red, very painful sunburn, it also looks extra ridiculous. Yay for that.

Stupid Face #2
Yesterday I took about forty hours trying to choose which pants to wear. It was a debate between a pair of shorts and my favorite pair of capris. The shorts won in the end because they are shorts (and it was hot), and they have pockets deeper than the 2 inches my capris offer. I was expecting having deeper pockets would better protect my phone and car keys. This was not the case. After spending hours at Lagoon, with no incidents, on the third to last ride (The Wild Mouse) the phone was lost. That was quite an experience. I though I lost it on the second to last ride (Centennial Screamer), so we looked there, then we rode Wicked (that's a whole other story, but yeah, I lost my phone, freaked out, and then rode a roller coaster. Instead of looking. Don't even want to go there), then we looked some more. We ended up at the sketchy looking Safety and Security place (which, in a pinch, is really not easy to find - it's hidden behind lockers, down a scary looking alley), and she told us to go back to the rides and look (yeah, thanks for that, lady). Lucky for her, we found it. That stupid Wild Mouse must have wiggled it loose from my pocket. I hate that ride, I don't even know why we rode it in the first place.

Stupid Face #3
We went on lots of spinny circley rides. And then we felt a wee bit sickish. I LOVE the new Air Race ride, it's super dooper fun, but it is very circley. I wouldn't suggest you ride it unless you have a Stomach of Steel. We also did the Samuri (Love! But not if you're sitting next to a stranger. Because then they're legs awkwardly touch you, and it's just not super fun). And the Ferris Wheel. And the little gondola (that's what they call them, I guess) was spun around by the workers (that was weirdish), and they went pretty fast, and that really didn't help matters. And the Centennial Screamer is SUPER circley. Lesson learned: All things in moderation. And that applies especially to spinny circley rides.

Stupid Face #4
You know those little shows they do? That are kinda borderline okay? We saw those. They were entertaining. I kinda enjoyed them, even. And in one they sang some Newsies stuff. They weren't perfect (I'm pretty judgey when it comes to Newsies, because that movie ROCKS), but it was still Newsies, so I loved it. However, this one chick, in one of the shows - well, she shouldn't quit her day job. Actually, she should quit her day job, because her day job is singing. It just wasn't pretty. She was very very flat. And she was singing a really big song that required some serious skills. She just wasn't up for it. I felt really bad. But the Stupid Face part of this is that we listened to her twice, to see if she had gotten any better as the night went on. She hadn't. We shouldn't have put ourselves through that again.

So, yesterday was super fun, but unfortunately for me,
I am an un[OFFICIAL] stupid face. Occasionally.

There are no pictures, I know. My bad. But Charlotte is ginormous, and I didn't want to lug her around Lagoon all day. So just imagine me, looking sunburned, with my friends, having fun. Very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment